Saturday 25 February 2012

Sources of Inspiration


Continuing on with this initial interest I gathered other images that I found helpful to my practice, looking in many different sources including magazines, blogs and other artists. I was looking for something that was colourful and interesting and that had more to it than just being aesthetically pleasing. 

The images I was interested in most were the ones that featured natural imagery in an interesting way. Patterns colours and vibrancy are really strong in these pieces. The Christopher Kane Galaxy prints were some of my favourite images I found, I then started looking at photographs of the Northern Lights and other natural occurrences for more inspiration. My subject matter is obviously very different to these images but I felt it was definitely transferable to bring across the aspects I found interesting in these to my own work. 









2 comments:

  1. who is image number 5 by? i love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I am not sure! I found it on Tumblr and there was no reference! It's stunning though isn't it!

    ReplyDelete