Saturday 25 February 2012

Images for Silk Printing

These images were collected in the Highlands in the Knocken Crag area in Assynt. This area has some of the oldest rocks in the UK which made it a perfect area to research my subject matter. The mountainous environment also meant the lichens I was photographing were very different in colour and shape from the coastal location photographs I had been taking previously.


   

   


These are some of the images I have recently got printed onto silk. The problem is when taking the photographs you lose a certain amount of that vibrancy and colour this is what I tried to add back to the photographs through photoshop while keeping the images as accurate to the original sources as possible.

These silks are now ready to be worked into. Each print is very different so the way I react and work on each piece is different as well. I will be working on top of these with a range of media, including inks, screen-prints, stitching, charcoal and graphite. 







No comments:

Post a Comment